Volunteer Reserve Chaplains
Volunteer Reserve Chaplains assist the Riverside County Fire Department in a variety of emergency and non-emergency situations including but not limited to critical stress debriefings, memorial services for department staff and family members, and department and family home, hospital or other facility visitations offering support.
Teamwork, personal investment, and self-sacrifice are the basis of the social framework of a Volunteer Reserve Chaplain.
Volunteer Reserve Chaplains also provide a variety of community services. This position requires each individual member to perform a variety of duties and may include the responding to calls within the community as well as assisting other neighboring communities during mutual aid responses. In addition, Volunteer Reserve Chaplains may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years old at time of application
- Completion of high school or equivalent
- Valid California Driver's License
- Volunteer Reserve Chaplain duty time is flexible to meet individual needs
- Volunteer Reserve Chaplains are required to commit a minimum of 36 hours per month to station coverage