Juvenile Firesetter Intervention Program
CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department offers a Juvenile Firesetter Program for our community. This program was developed to provide an opportunity for families to work with our department and address any concerns regarding their children and fire. Our program starts with a child and parent interview to assess risk level and to develop a successful educational component. The program is broken down into three steps:
- Assessment - An Interventionist will schedule an appointment to meet with th parent and child in need. This initial meeting will comprise of an assessment for both child and parent, questionnaire, initial evaluation, and fire safety education. Children and their parent may be required to complete fire safety education materials, community service requirements, and/or visitation to Arrowhead Burn Center.
- Secondary Appointment - A secondary meeting will be scheduled to meet with the parent and child. During this appointment, the Interventionist will go over the initial assessment results. They will help determine why the firesetting is occurring, the risk level for future firesetting and how firesetting can be prevented in the future. Referrals to County Probation, Mental Health, and/or counselors may be provided to help assist in fire prevention.
- Additional Contact - Our Interventionists will continue to remain in contact with the child and parent throughout their rehabilitation and education process.
CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department is proud to serve and work alongside:
- Riverside County Residents
- Community Outreach Programs
- Riverside County Probation
- Riverside County Mental Health
- Riverside County Schools
For more information please contact the CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department's Junior Firesetter Program: